GRANITE TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE – AGENDA
May 15, 2019
Salt Lake County Offices
Committee of the Whole meeting room
2100 South State Street, Room N2-800
1. Call to Order 5:00 pm
- Welcome by GCC Transportation Committee
- Co-Chairs, Susie Albertson and Greg Schiffman
- Pledge of Allegiance
2. Introductions. 5:05pm pm
Previous Transportation Studies; reports and results 5:10 pm
- a. Wasatch canyons tomorrow.
- b. Wasatch Transportation (Mayor Corroon).
- c. Mountain Accord.
- d. Central Wasatch Commission.
- e. The boards, committees, studies continue to be made up of the same people.
4. Key Players in Wasatch Canyon Transportation 5:25 pm
- UDOT Envision Utah
- UTA Mountain Accord
- US Forest Service Central Wasatch Commission
- Salt Lake County Wasatch Front Regional
- State Legislature Salt Lake City
5. The purpose and vision of the GCC transportation committee
6. Transportation projects currently being considered 5:40pm
- Short Term Bandage Solutions vs Long Term Solutions
- Tolling Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons
- UTA Buses
- Little Cottonwood Canyon Road Expansions Flex Lane
- Widening Wasatch Blvd.
- Non-road projects
- Tax payer subsidy of ski resorts
- Cost and economic impact to local cities, counties, and taxpayers
7. Committee organization 5:50pm
- Traffic in the canyon, at the mouth of the canyons, in the neighborhoods
- Resort capacity, skiing, hotel, lodging, and parking
- Water rights in the canyons
- Recorded lots in the canyons
- Connecting the canyons, counties, and ski resorts
- Flow chart of participants and those in authority
Adjourn 6:00 pm